Sunday, August 8, 2010

The countdown begins...

I can't help but think that blogs are a little pretentious. So why do it? I mean, I like the idea of it: documenting my stories and experiences abroad on a forum where my friends and family can read about them and know that I'm learning and having fun. Also, all the cool kids are doing it.

I am a mere three and a half weeks away from leaving America, home of the Yankees, Dane Cook, and childhood obesity. On September 1st, at 7pm, I will be boarding a plane headed to Heathrow airport. I will arrive on September 2nd, at 7am (gotta love that time change) and begin my semester abroad in London. Currently, in an effort to prepare for the tiring journey there, I am practicing my Sudoku skills and stocking up on sleeping pills.(Insane fear of flying much?)

I'll be in London for almost 4 months, during which time I'll be taking classes, doing an internship, traveling, and trying my best to pick up sexy British men. I hope you all enjoy my stories, I'll try to keep it entertaining (but not necessarily PG). I'll miss you all very much.

Cheers!

1 comment: