Friday, August 27, 2010

Something's missing...

Good evening, faithful readers. As promised, another post before I've even boarded the plane to Heathrow. I come to you with sad news. One of my organs (non-essential, I promise), is missing.

After an emergency appendectomy Monday night, I am now running around town (and by running, I mean old-lady hobbling) without an appendix. Now, how does this relate to me studying abroad? (As this blog needs to maintain focus despite the child-sized attention span of it's author). Well, for one thing, I now have a wheelchair scheduled to take me through JFK before my flight because I'm not supposed to walk too much or lift things heavier than a gallon of milk. I know it sounds extremely high maintenance (and also, kind of awesome), but my mother is insisting and I have actually heard that it's the shit because you don't have to wait on any lines.

In addition to me cruising in style through the airport, now I have not only not started packing, but I have officially lost the physical ability to pack at all. I mean, in all honesty, I'm pretty scrappy and I probably could manage to throw some shit in a suitcase. Unfortunately, my compulsive nature prohibits me from not folding every little thing, and I just don't have the energy post-surgery to deal with my own OCD.

So, shout out time: Booked my hostel in Berlin for Oktoberfest with my bestie/long-term girlfriend Camille (AKA meels, Camillionaire, Arab, etc) and looking forward to planning a trip to Italy to meet her and Alyssia (AKA the one that thinks I like her less <3) in mid-September. Getting excited, less than a week to go!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment