Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I think you brought the weather with you from London

Greetings all, second post in two days!  We're on a roll...and its all thanks to this amazing hotel.  Every night at the end of the day I get to wind down with a little posting and then head off to the next adventure in the morning.

 So just to add a small appendix to the last post, I forgot to include one of the funniest stories from Rome.  Our hotel was in a place outside the city center called Rebibbia, ("the bible") which I mentioned was roughly the Harlem of Italy.  We had to take a 20 minute subway ride and a bus to get there...the "444" bus, which might as well have not existed since every night we took it we had to wait 40 minutes at a super shady gas station for it.  Well, Sunday night Mimi and I are carrying home a bottle of wine getting prepped to drink in our room and pass out, and we're waiting for the bus which finally showed up around 10pm.  We get on and realize, (awesome!) we have no idea where we're supposed to get off.  We tried to ask the people on the bus but none of them spoke English, and all of a sudden we're the only ones on the bus besides the driver, so we decide to walk to the front and ask him.  He also doesn't speak English, so we told him the name of our hotel and he literally drove the bus off route and took us to the front door while we stood in the front looking out the window like a rollercoaster (which it might as well have been with how fast they drive there!).  This story might not be so funny to hear, but it was pretty funny to us, rolling up in front of our hotel in a huge public bus.

Onto Mykonos:  Today I had the most amazing afternoon of my life.  After an awesome complimentary breakfast at the hotel and lunch out, Mimi convinced me we should rent an ATV and drive around town.  I was scared out of my mind and relunctantly agreed.  We went to the bike rental place where we shamelessly flirted with the owner and got our motorbike for a per person charge of FIVE euros.  We paid more for crepes at the diner.  Anyways, we get on (me driving most of the way, but we switched on and off), and spent hours driving around the coast of the most beautiful country I've ever been to.  Of course, we almost died a few times, but we got the hang of it eventually.

After we returned the ATV and had dinner, it started downpouring, thundering and lightning.  So now, even though its only 10pm and we should be partying, we're drinking wine in the hotel and watching japanese game shows (which fucking RULE, btw).  Have to go upstairs and keep Mimi company, I'll try to post another update before I leave Greece.  Shopping, beaches, and more ATV driving tomorrow!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment