Sunday, October 24, 2010

Si, si. I'll call you a cab, it's very far

Ok gang this is going to be the fastest post ever with a shit ton of typos because Im in an internet cafe in Rome that is 4 euros for a half hour and the keyboard is really sticky.  Just didnt want to keep my fans out of the loop...

Ciao from Campo de Fiori!

Its been the most incredible 2 days so far, and tomorrow nothing should be any different for our last night in Rome.  After a super shitty flight delay caused by the goddamn strike in France, we Miriam and I finally arrived at the airport in Rome at 10 30, and didnt get to our hotel until 12am because its super far from the city center.  The whole way there the cab driver kept telling us to pay more money and get a hotel in a normal location.  These intrustions were shouted over the Alanis Morsette CD he had blasting in the front...so I wasnt super jumpy to take his advice.  When we arrived at the hotel we realized it was well worth what we paid ($60 a night each!) because it is a four star hotel that is super beautiful with the NICEST staff.  Miriam and I messed up the shuttle three times and they still agreed to drive us to the metro!

So yesterday was about 65 degrees, a far cry from what I can only describe as "the situation" in London...(40 degrees!)...so I wore a dress.  Miriam and I were downtown in the city center by 10am, where we took a tour of the colosseo, and the Palentino ruins.  After that, we had our first real Italian meal- I had lasagna and a glass of white wine, followed, of course, by gelato.  Miriam and I have had gelato twice a day every day since we got here...today we had it twice in 2 hours.  Its insane how I actually have to go back to the states eventually where gelato is very hard to find.

After lunch we met Alex B (a friend of mine from AU) and her friend Aley at the Trevi Fountain (and I forgot to throw a coin in and make a wish for a beautiful Italian man with a moped!)  Then we all sat on the Spanish Steps and chatted with the most beautiful view.  Everywhere you go in Rome youre bound to be looking at something amazing.  After that, sooo much shopping!  Then the Pantheon (which was incredible!), Piazza Novana, and dinner where I had more wine and a pizza that was bigger than my head.  Of course, more gelato, and then home to pass out for a couple of hours before we woke up today to start the day again at 8am.

After my shower and breakfast at the hotel (nutella on EVERYTHING), we went to the city center again and literally walked for about 2 hours, saw a Van Goh (sp?) exhibit at the museum, ate lunch, and have been walking every since.  We only stop for gelato and leather/liquor stores!!  Right now, were just outside Campo de Fiori, where we will probably go tonight for dinner and a little drinking! 

Sorry this cant be more in depth, running out of time and just wanted to catch you all up!  Im having the most amazing time of my life.  I am literally in love with this city and this country, even the language!  (Which Mimi and I are slowly learning!)  More to come in a few days miss you all.

Cheers!

1 comment: