Wednesday, September 29, 2010

And then he started singing God Bless America

So sorry for the sporadic updates, but I must admit, not a lot has been happening in London besides...Rain. Alas, lots of exciting things are quickly approaching so I will soon be back to my bi-weekly posts!

So, as I mentioned, it's raining. In fact, it's hard to remember the last time it wasn't raining. I miss the sun and I miss sobriety. My drinking habit has increased ten-fold since arrival in the great city of London, where I consume alcohol more frequently than water and go out partying more consistently than I ever attended class at AU. My flatmates and I have had some great nights this past week (O'Neill's bar on Thursday, On Anon club on Saturday, and Sports Bar last night). Sports bar was definitely the best, as the shots are 4 for 4 pounds...so naturally I had 7. I also really appreciate when we get drunk in Picadilly Circus and take the bus home, and my flatmate Paul decides he's homesick so he needs to sing God Bless America the whole way back to South Ken.

I'm also coming to greatly enjoy the weekly family dinners that occur in my flat. Every Sunday or Monday night, a couple of people cook dinner for the whole flat and all 12 of us eat together and it's adorable. Probably the thing I'll miss the most now that everyone has started traveling.

Today, Alyssia and her flatmate Emily came over to see my amazing house, (they were very jealous) and we went out for my first real chinese food meal since I left NY...it was DELISH...and made exciting plans for tomorrow to see Wicked! I've already seen it but how much more fun would a Broadway show be in British accents?! I will keep you posted...

Now, I'm excitedly awaiting October. Whereas September was filled with classes and napping and drinking every night, October is going to justify my trip abroad entirely. During this next month, I will be riding on the London Eye, taking a "Horror Walk" through the city, seeing a comedy show and, of course, traveling until I've spent every last cent. This weekend, Berlin. Next, Paris. Two weeks after that, 10 days in Rome, Florence, Mykonos and Athens. And, in between, ELSHA AND CAMILLE WILL BE IN LONDON WOO HOOOOOO. So look forward to a ton of great stories in the weeks to come.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment