Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This is London, we charge for things here

To all my loyal readers who were devastated by the absence of a blog update on Friday...

Go afternoon. Life's been slowing down a bit, so there's not too much to report. (Although as of NEXT friday (the 1st) things will get REALLY exciting, with trips through Europe every weekend). I had an exciting weekend, staying up all night with some new British friends and drinking champagne into the early hours of the morning. And then, yesterday, something magical happened...

ALYSSIA IS OFFICIALLY IN LONDON WOO HOOOO

Now, I've been looking forward to this day for about 3 weeks, so I was obviously at the doorstep of her new dorm within 30 seconds of her arrival (hardly an exaggeration). We spent the whole day together, figuring out the damn situation at customs with her computer and then going out to a delish dinner in Camden. I'm so happy she's here, and I hope she makes friends with lots of cuties so I can mooch of her boy-finding and take advantage of the fact that she's in a relationship. YAY!

Today, I went to the Tate Modern for my British Life & Cultures class and it was pretty interesting, even if I spent a good amount of time bitching about how "I could paint that." I think I may go back with my notebook and spend the day in the area next week, it's right on the River Thames by the Millennium Bridge and it's actually pretty beautiful (if the water in the River wasn't green, it would probably be nicer but hey, whatever).

So, perhaps I'll go out tonight, since I have no class tomorrow. But I just spent 8 quid on lunch and I should save some money since I'm hitting Berlin in 10 days. Not so sure 10 pound drinks are in my budget anymore...

Cheers!

1 comment: